A New Normal – WISDOM
We are in a new era that requires Wiser Interactions and Social Distance Observation while Mingling (WISDOM). In the wake of Covid-19, and the city’s significant role in public life, we need a social-life model that supports community under the guidelines of a new normal. Join us in this quest.
As mayor, I will explore a new normal of organizational WISDOM in Cincinnati. My model will allow neighborhoods and communities to have a semblance of unbroken community and belongingness. We will identify approaches for maintaining the guidelines from authorities while playing our valued roles in society.
One of the emergent stories out of this unprecedented crisis has been the desire of neighbors to maintain a sense of citizenship while following public health guidelines. I will convene some of the best projects that emerged and craft a template for fostering a sense of being during times of crisis. We will identify institutional set-ups that allow us to shape a great city.
Cincinnati faces an epic choice at the ballot in 2021. I view this as an ebullient, participatory, inspirational, yet consequential (epic) moment in history. How shall we rise in the face of tremendous shaking? Do we have the cognitive formation for matching this epic moment?
Like Ohio’s First President, we have a peak opportunity. Old Tippecanoe, also called ‘Buckeye’, showed affective social distance in befriending Underground Railroad Conductor, George DeBaptiste. How now shall we live? Do we have an affective readiness that meets our peak opportunity?
The Queen City was once the chief port on the Ohio River and the largest city in the Midwest prior to the civil war. Being reflective is critical to embracing the noble future. How can we best position our city and county for tomorrow? Are we as citizens reflecting on our obligations as we shape tomorrow?
Our Organizational Capacity for WISDOM
land area (sq. miles)
wiser residents goal
Why Organizational Wisdom will save our lives
The pandemic was a wake-up call to our city. A wisdom model for city-wide application is vitally needed for the times we find ourselves in. WISDOM will protect us and our fellow citizens as we all follow clear guidelines. The six pillars of the model are:
- Wiser – Organizing from a basis of knowledge
- Interactions – Organizing for interrelationship
- Social – Organizational civility and collectivity
- Distance – Organize to bring new hospitality
- Observation – Organize community structures
- Mingling – Organized public belongingingness
I’m asking you to join me. I’m asking you to stand with me. I’m asking you to sit with me at the table. Together, we can create a new normal and build our society.
Explore Dr. Najoli’s Blog
- In Search of Culture Leaders for Cincinnati PoliticsRecently, in an opinion piece titled, The Trouble with Cincinnati Politics, I outlined seven problems. In this post, I invite you to consider seven best practices targeted at addressing the problems. The collective practices emerge from corresponding first letters fromContinue reading “In Search of Culture Leaders for Cincinnati Politics”
- The Trouble with Cincinnati PoliticsLocal politics in Cincinnati is in very rough waters. Our city was named after a highly respected Roman statesman, Cincinnatus, in the hope that it would be a shiny city – the Queen city – the crown jewel of theContinue reading “The Trouble with Cincinnati Politics”
- Battle for the Character of our CityIntro by Mrs. Danyetta Najoli On a cold wintry day with a mix of rain and snow, Dr. Herman Najoli embraces the legendary Roman farmer, Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus, as he launches a new campaign. This location, on the grounds ofContinue reading “Battle for the Character of our City”
PAID FOR BY FRIENDS OF NAJOLI. PATRICIA SCOTT, TREASURER.
PO BOX 7112, CINCINNATI, OH 45205